[Exim] Slightly Off-Topic: Exim Monitor Software

Author: Ollie Cook
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Slightly Off-Topic: Exim Monitor Software
Hi,

First, apologies for the slightly off-topic nature of this post. I hope it will
be of interest to some of the readers, though.

I've started writing some software that will monitor various aspects of an Exim
mail server.

Some of the features are so far:

- Counts total number of queue messages
- Counts number of frozen queue messages
- Distinct 'server' and 'client' parts
- Each client (on each mail server) sends data regarding queue length to the
server at configurable intervals
- Server collates and stores this information
- Server is linked with RRDtool[1] to make graphical representations of the
data.
- Written in C for speed

I'm planning to have the client monitor other aspects of the mail servers such
as load, disk activity, throughput etc.

At this point I'm just testing the water to see if people would find this kind
of software useful, and what features they'd like to see.

This doesn't really belong on the Exim list, so please mail me directly and
I'll summarise back to the list. If there's sufficient interest, I'll set up a
dedicated list.

Yours,

Ollie

1: http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~oetiker/webtools/rrdtool/

--
Oliver Cook    Systems Administrator, ClaraNET
ollie@???               020 7903 3065