Re: [Exim] Spamassassin Problem

Author: George Kasica
To: Marc MERLIN
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Spamassassin Problem
On Sat, 30 Mar 2002 20:55:55 -0800, you wrote:

>On Sat, Mar 30, 2002 at 10:41:27PM -0600, George Kasica wrote:
>> Hello:
>>
>> Trying to get spamassassin running here and when I enable my exim.conf
>> with the following transports and directors off the spam assassin page
>> I see the following message in my mainlog and no mail gets delivered
>> :(
>>
>> Message:
>> --------
>> 2002-03-30 22:30:56 16rWzT-00048L-00 ** georgek@???
>> D=spamcheck_director T=spamcheck: Child process of spamcheck transport
>> returned 2 from command: /usr/local/bin/spamcheck.pl
>
>Err, you can't just copy and paste stuff that you don't understand.
>Here's it's clearly trying to run a script that you don't have.

Ummm...I know that....I DO have the script he refers to at the bottom
of the page:

[root@eagle bin]# ll /usr/local/bin/spamcheck.pl
-r-xr-xr-x    1 root     root         1438 Mar 30 22:23
/usr/local/bin/spamcheck.pl

>While you didn't specify which web page you were reading, I'll assume it's
>this one:
>http://bogmog.sourceforge.net/document_show.php3?doc_id=28
>
>You should download and install the script at the bottom of the page

Already did that see above.

>Note that the problem with it is that it will fork perl for every mail,
>which on a busy mail server is bad, you want to use spamd instead.

The way to do that seems pretty clear, but I'd rather get this going
first:

>Simply copy the two executables to where you want them. Then, configure your
>system to run spamd in the background, and where your mailer invokes
>'spamassassin -P' instead invoke 'spamc'. It's that easy!

George

===[George R. Kasica]===        +1 262 677 0766
President                       +1 206 374 6482 FAX
Netwrx Consulting Inc.          Jackson, WI USA
http://www.netwrx1.com
georgek@???
ICQ #12862186