Re: [Exim] RE: mmdf and things

Author: Tony Earnshaw
To: dman
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] RE: mmdf and things
--
lør, 2002-03-30 kl. 21:16 skrev dman:

> | 2: How come Demon doesn't discard all 8bit transparent stuff as the rfc
> | gives as only possible alternative?

> As you read the RFC, you see that demon's server isn't the one that's
> supposed to do the bouncing. It's the server that connects to demon's
> that is supposed to do that when it sees that demon doesn't advertise
> 8BITMIME. Now, if that server is exim with the accept_8bitmime flag
> set, you know the docs told you it wasn't going to work in that
> situation.

I don't agree. Anyway, the point is, that neither does.

Both send/accept the 7 bit characters that hermes.mail.nl.demon.net
accepts. When www.dagbladet.basefarm.net sends 8 bit characters, only
ØøÆæÅå are snuffed, the rest comes through.

When www.dagbladet.basefarm.net sends 8bitmime transparent (ØøÆæÅå) to
mx.online.no, theyre accepted. I know, 'cos I've done it.

If hermes.mail.nl.demon.net had have been running Exim or Sendmail in
8bitmime accept mode, the 8bitmime would have been accepted.

That's the whole point.

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

e-post:        tonni@???
www:        http://www.billy.demon.nl

Telefoon:    (+31) (0)172 530428
Mobiel:        (+31) (0)6 51153356

GPG/PGP Fingerprint: 3924 6BF8 A755 DE1A 4AD6 FA2B F7D7 6051 3BE7 B981