Re: [Exim] exim 4.02 -bt segfault

Author: Kevin Sindhu
To: Patrice Fournier, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] exim 4.02 -bt segfault
Moin Patrice!
Kevin Sindhu schrieb am Saturday, den 30. March 2002:
> 3) Run exim in gdb such as:

> gdb> /location/to/exim/binary -C Config.file -bt test@???

I suck at instructions as times when I write mail at 2 in the
mornings:

If you have compiled exim with gcc then you can use gdb to debug it.
Alternatively if this is Solaris and you have compiled exim with
SunPRO, you can use dbx for it.

E.g. gdb

$gdb /path/to/exim/binary
(gdb) r -C Config.file -bt -d11 test@???

This should run through some tests and if your exim binary is
segfault'g you should have return signal. If you've compiled exim
with debug, this should help you diagnose the problem. When you reach
to this signal, in gdb type:
(gdb) bt

Paste and send the output from gdb. Also if you have a very specific
config file, please attach that as well.

-Kevin

--
Don't believe everything you hear or anything you say.