Re: [Exim] I would just like to say

Góra strony
Autor: Tony Earnshaw
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [Exim] I would just like to say
--
man, 2002-03-25 kl. 16:35 skrev Philip Hazel:

> On Mon, 25 Mar 2002, Greg Webster wrote:

> > none of the actual questions in my post were ever answered,

No, because basically, all these questions have been posed and answered
before.

> Fishing in the archive (I'd not replied because others done so, and I
> don't want to spend all my time answering the list), I find this:

Phil, people have been trying this for years. Including me. Including
DUL, Vixie. Hard rules just do not work, this needs a completely
different approach.

> It should be possible to do something like this fairly easily in Exim 4,
> but you will have to write (or persuade somebody to write) some C code.
> In Exim 4, you can link in your own function called local_scan(), which
> gets to look at a message just before it is finally accepted. It can
> tell Exim to bounce the message, or accept it, and it can manipulate the
> list of recipients. Deleting all the recipients blackholes the message.

If someone had ever succeded, it would have been done. How many genii
are there in the world?

Recently (like half way through last year), there was an Australian who
patented the invention of the wheel, as a joke, under valid Australian
law. What notice do Fiat or General Motors take?

> Since Exim is lined with PCRE, you have access to a regex library, so
> writing something to your spec doesn't look very hard.

Every time someone invents a hard and fast rule, someone else flouts it.
Or adapts it. What's needed, are flexible rules, that adapt to
circumstances. The chappie wants hard and fast rules for something for
which they are unsuitable. People are trying to tell him this.

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

e-post:        tonni@???
www:        http://www.billy.demon.nl

Telefoon:    (+31) (0)172 530428
Mobiel:        (+31) (0)6 51153356

GPG/PGP Fingerprint: 3924 6BF8 A755 DE1A 4AD6 FA2B F7D7 6051 3BE7 B981