Fw: Re: [Exim] I would just like to say

Góra strony
Autor: Greg Webster
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Fw: Re: [Exim] I would just like to say
At this point, after being called a "completely clueless idiot", I would
like to show the rest of you the quality of posts I got about this issue
(this one direct to me). Name removed to avoid 'offending' this jerk.

Greg Webster

Begin forwarded message:

On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 07:12:09AM -0800, Greg Webster wrote:
> I would just like to say that as much as I like exim, the responses to
> my learning query about my anti-spam wishlist, where I was basically
> told"shut up, use SpamAssassin" and none of the actual questions in my
> post were ever answered, has left me a pretty bad feeling about this
> list and the 'community' of exim users.

Well, to be honest, I get a pretty bad feeling about most of the questions
on the list, and the level of clue they imply for mail systems that will
end up talking to mine. If you want to reinvent a wheel go ahead. There
is some stuff that you were asking for at
http://colondot.net/mbm/mailfilter.shtml, but really, reinventing the
wheel is a very stupid thing to do, in general. There is a huge benefit
from pooling effort.

> In the end, I did not ask for a ready-made anti-spam solution, I asked
> for just a little info on how I could do this on my own (ie. a resource
> on working with directors) and was barraged with remarks about how I
> shouldn't bother because SA was already there.

The resource on working with directors is either the Exim Specification,
or the exim book. Both are very clear.

> That wasn't the point, and even when I tried to make that clear I was
> ignored.

You will lose out by doing it.

> Thanks for making something that I was finding rather enjoyable a
> tedious aspect of my administration interests.

Thanks for trying to be a completely clueless idiot.