Re: [Exim] DNS blacklist lookup timeout causes temp reject

Góra strony
Autor: Dean Brooks
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [Exim] DNS blacklist lookup timeout causes temp reject
> On Fri, 22 Mar 2002, Craig R. Hodges wrote:
>
> > I've setup exim to use a few rbls but if the connection to the rbl
> > timesout, exim temporarily rejects the msg. How can I configure exim
> > 4.01 to accept the message instead of temp. rejecting?
>
> There is no way to do this at present, short of modifying the code.

My concern upon reading this would be that if a particular RBL site
had a total failure of all their name servers for whatever reason, it
could render an entire Exim site inoperable.

Is that true or would the local DNS resolver simply timeout and return
a negative match and allow the message through?

If this is indeed the case, can the equivalent of a "/timeout_ok" flag
on dnslists be appropriate or is their a technical problem with that?

--
Dean Brooks
dean@???