Re: [Exim] NFS and Exim

Author: Phil Pennock
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [Exim] NFS and Exim
On 2002-03-24 at 22:00 -0400, joe wrote:
> delivering user@??? as user using procmail_pipe:
> uid=4052 gid=10 home=/home/user current=/home/user
> auxiliary group list: <none>
> LOG: 0 MAIN
> == user@??? T=procmail_pipe defer (2): No such file or
> directory: failed to chdir to /home/user

> Hope this helps. It's not telling me anything I didn't already know :)

It's telling me that the problem is with delivery in procmail_pipe, not
in anything to do with the .forward handling -- that's 50% of the
potential problem space eliminated. :^)

} procmail:
} driver = localuser
} transport = procmail_pipe
} require_files = ${local_part}:+${home}:+${home}/.procmailrc:+/usr/local/bin/procmail
} no_verify

It's trying procmail_pipe. require_files is checked _before_ the
transport is tried. So you've passed the require_files check.

So each of the files specified was deemed to exist.

Are you using deferred delivery, with the first process just going to
the spool? With a daemon process not running using this test config?

If you add a "debug_print" option to the procmail director, just saying
something like:

debug_print = "Foo! LHS=${local_part} Home=${home}"

then when you run a debug test, does that string actually appear?
--
"What's with these .nl servers applications all the time ?? Is the internet
relocating to Holland ??" "With the Republicans in power over in the US, the