Re: [Exim] Leading from header

Author: Mark Hynes
To: diederik, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Leading from header
On Mar 23, Phil Pennock wrote:
> On 2002-03-22 at 13:13 +0100, diederik@??? wrote:
> [ *shuffle shuffle* ]
> > > Does anyone know how to let exim NOT place an leading from header
> > > in emails virtually delivered?
> >
> > ok, prefix = "", found it..
>
> Are you sure that you want to do this?
>
> For the "mbox" format, the From header is _required_. It defines the
> boundaries of emails.

*nod*, it is. The problem here (I'm a colleague of Diederik's) was that
maildir format was being used, where you don't generally want the From
delimiter - there's a very helpful section of suggested options to use
with maildir delivery in the Exim book (thanks Philip!). Some reading
clients appear to cope (ie ignore) with the header, others break on it :(

> If you're not using mbox format, then there are a few other tweaks which
> you might want to look at. check_string and escape_string come to mind.

Indeed. Thanks all for their help! :-)

Mark.

--
| Mark Hynes           mark.hynes@??? |