Re: [Exim] Recommended easy maintenance interface for RedHat

Página Inicial
Autor: Kevin Sindhu
Para: Exim Users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] Recommended easy maintenance interface for RedHat
Moin Phil!
Phil Pennock schrieb am Sunday, den 24. March 2002:

> I do, however, need pointers for things like a simple administrative
> interface for adding aliases, etc.

How about sym linking the aliases file to /root/change_email_delivery
etc. type files? Most likely, this would be the only file they'd need
to change.

> At that point, it sounds like time to add local IMAP too, perhaps.
> In which case, pointers for a good combination for _home_ user, with
> admin tools, appreciated. They mostly use KMail as a client and
> much prefer it to Outlook Express; if really necessary, it might be
> possible to persuade them to change again.

Actually, IMO, Maildir delivery coupled with a client such as
Evolution (from Ximian) makes and excellent replacement[perhaps
better] and it can handle all these files. If these people use the
same machine to access mail(i.e. local mail), I really don't think
they'd need a imap/pop server(seems like an overkill). They can just
use their clients. Plus the speed and reliability of Maildir can allow
them to keep their mail in order....

> All advice appreciated. If people reply to me off-list, we can cut
> the mail-volume for the professionals here, and I can summarise
> later. :^)

Your Mail-Followup-To header is "Exim Users <exim-users@???>", so
a ^g^ reply in mutt sends mail to the list. I'd be happy to
change/take it off-list if you want.

-Kevin

--
An apple every eight hours will keep three doctors away.