[Exim] Recommended easy maintenance interface for RedHat

Página Inicial
Autor: Phil Pennock
Para: Exim Users
Assunto: [Exim] Recommended easy maintenance interface for RedHat
Help sought,

After getting fed up with repeated crashes from Windows, a few months
back my brother let me install a Unix-style OS. I had a free RedHat set
given to me from a booth, it seemed an ideal use. My brother is
intelligent, but not technically-minded when it comes to computers.

It worked fairly well. They like it, they picked up important concepts
quickly, etc etc. But one thing I didn't do at the time was set up a
mail-server on his box. I decided to let them get used to the OS first
and to use POP3, and to introduce the joys of a mail-server later.

Well, I suspect that it's time to stick a mail-server on his box. So
I'll probably do that the next time I visit. For reasons of personal
prejudice, it will doubtless be Exim. :^) I can do all the basic
set-up myself. That's not an issue.

I do, however, need pointers for things like a simple administrative
interface for adding aliases, etc. He and his fiancee both use the
computer; some mailboxes will be shared, some private. At that point,
it sounds like time to add local IMAP too, perhaps. In which case,
pointers for a good combination for _home_ user, with admin tools,
appreciated. They mostly use KMail as a client and much prefer it to
Outlook Express; if really necessary, it might be possible to persuade
them to change again.

All advice appreciated. If people reply to me off-list, we can cut the
mail-volume for the professionals here, and I can summarise later. :^)

Thanks,
--
"We've got a patent on the conquering of a country through the use of force.
We believe in world peace through extortionate license fees." -Bluemeat