Re: [Exim] Large message

Author: dman
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Large message
On Fri, Mar 22, 2002 at 04:53:47PM +0100, Riccardo Baldanzi wrote:
| Hi all,

| i've problems sending large mail with one domain.

| If i send a simple text email all goes ok...but if i attach something this
| is message on the log:

| 2002-03-22 16:48:50 16oQlb-0000n3-00 == mail@??? T=remote_smtp defer
| (110): Connection timed out: SMTP timeout while connected to
| smtp2.nodalis.it [213.188.192.91] after sending data block (8190 bytes
| written)

I'm getting stuff like this too. At least in my case it is because I
am getting 20-30% packet loss at the gateway (first hop!). Oddly
enough if I use the internal interface and let another box masquerade
through that gateway it works fine (pinging outwards, that is).

I'd say you have some network-level problem that is causing exim to be
unable to complete the transfer before it times out.

-D

--

"He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose."
        --Jim Elliot