Re: [Exim] exiscan for exim4

Página Inicial
Autor: Tamas TEVESZ
Para: Tom Kistner
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] exiscan for exim4
On Wed, 20 Mar 2002, Tom Kistner wrote:

> The patch adds MIME and TNEF decoding capabilities to exim by linking
> in the "ripmime" library (see CREDITS). Exim 4's local_scan() API is used
> as a hook, so messages are scanned, and can thus be rejected
> during the SMTP dialogue if necessary.

this raises a question in me. with the 2.4 version of exiscan, being
an external solution, mails can come in at any rate, they will be
queued and exiscan will scan them at a rate/whatever as it is
configured in exiscan (childs and the like).

with v4 of exiscan, do i get it right that the scanner will be
launched on every incoming message, right when the message is coming
in ? my point is, using exiscanv4 requires a whole different approach
wrt hardware sizes of mailservers, as one can't limit the number of
running scanner processes (except for a "hard" limit in exim itself,
accepting this-and-that many incoming connections altogether), no ?

or am i getting the story wrong someplace ?

--
[-]