Re: [Exim] 8bitmime?

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Philip Hazel
To: Nigel Metheringham
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] 8bitmime?
On 21 Mar 2002, Nigel Metheringham wrote:

> I wonder if its worth spending the time:-
>   1. Setting a flag of some sort on incoming messages which are
>      non 7bit clean/

>   2. Having flags within the SMTP transport based on what the
>      ESMTP negotiation says - ie whether it does 8 bit etc

>   3. Having the transport filter conditional and/or parameterisable
>      based on these flags (ie expand the condition for that very
>      late in the day - may be like this already).

> The only thing that really concerns me then is that the ESMTP size
> functions could be completely loused up by a transport filter thats
> re-encoding the message.

At first impression, it sounds a bit messy, and the final worry is
indeed a worry. At present, the filter command is set up early on,
before calling the transport, but the filter doesn't actually get set up
till the message is about to be transported, so simply suppressing it
would be straightforward enough. Therefore, something like

  transport_filter = /convert/to/7bit
  transport_filter_condition = ${if and{{def:8bithost}{def:8bitmessage}}\
                                {no}{yes}}

might be feasible. I'll add this to the wish list for thinking about.