Re: [Exim] sender address must exists !!!

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Dave C.
Para: Javier Callico
CC: exim-users@exim.org
Asunto: Re: [Exim] sender address must exists !!!
On Wed, 20 Mar 2002, Javier Callico wrote:

> Hi Everybody
>
> I'll try to explain my problem using an example:
>
> 1- My server is configured to be a relay for all the emails coming from the
> domain test.com
>
> 2- The email address example@??? doesn't exist
>
> 3- Exim is allowing to send messages like this:
>     From: example@???
>     To: relaytest@???

> Can Exim check first if the email address exists and then send or reject the
> message ?

Ah, so you want to set it up so that a spammer could forge your (valid)
email address in their "MAIL FROM:" to use your server as an open relay?

I'll be sure to submit your mailservers IP to the ORBS and MAPS RSS so
that it gets listed before the spammers find it.

Hint: Use SMTP authentication to validate authorized remote senders,
*NOT* MAIL FROM:. Ask on the list about how to set that up. I'm sure
there are FAQ entries...