[Exim] Re[2]: Demise of ORBZ

Author: Richard Welty
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Re[2]: Demise of ORBZ
On Thu, 21 Mar 2002 04:34:27 +0800 Suresh Ramasubramanian <mallet@???> wrote:

> +++ Richard Welty [exim-users] <20/03/02 15:17 -0500>:
> > dialups.relays.osirusoft.com to catch direct-to-mx spam from dialup
> users,
>
> joe jared of osirusoft has more than a few false positives in that one
> (or
> had, when we stopped using it a few months ago)

hmmm. i've not seen that, but on the other hand, i'm seeing very few hits
on it at all, and was considering yanking it from my configuration for
reasons of non-performance.

> your own blocklists - filters that you add to your exim config / routers
> will
> catch far more spam than all the other dnsbls sometimes :)

yes, although i tried to play the open relay game for a little while and
eventually decided it was too much for me.

my list of domains provides a nice backup to the IP address based stuff;
things like btamail.net.cn move from relay to relay so fast that there's no
hope of doing an IP address based block.

my current list of blocked domains is published on the web, by the way,
http://www.krusty-motorsports.com/sender_reject, and could be fetched
easily by a cron job using lynx or wget.

cheers,
  richard
--
Richard Welty