Re: [Exim] 8bitmime?

Página Inicial
Autor: Tony Earnshaw
Para: Phil Pennock
CC: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [Exim] 8bitmime?
--
tir, 2002-03-19 kl. 23:24 skrev Phil Pennock:

> > Phil, I don't know who you are, but you do not know what you are talking
> > about.

> Really?

> I'm writing this email from my work address. I am now going to be
> extremely careful about what I say, since I theoretically represent my
> employer. Our General Manager, if he now sees this, will want to hide
> under a desk.

> I can provide no help or assistance on Exim from this address. That
> thing called "liability", y'know.

> $ ssh -l root punt-12.mail.nl.demon.net
> [...]
> punt-12.mail.nl.demon.net# ps -ef | grep -c '[e]xim'
> 0
> punt-12.mail.nl.demon.net# ps -ef | grep -c '[m]mdf'
> 56
> punt-12.mail.nl.demon.net#

> Sorry, dude. Your incoming mail travels a path that is not 8-bit clean.
> You should not be recommending to people that they set accept_8bitmime
> in their Exim configurations.

> die-hard SCO Open Server people
> "Demon"
> maybe some others

> > God almighty.

> It's probably my turn to polish the Demon Halo (the one over the "e"
> which keeps slipping) tomorrow.

> Systems Administrator, Network Operations Centre, Demon Internet Nederland

Well, I take 80% of it back. And at least you have a FINE sense of
humour.

BUT.

I'm receiving, and always have with Demon, Norwegian (8 bit) letters.
That's never been any different.

If I hadn't been, I'd have changed my ISP long ago.

Hmmmf.

Sleep well,

Tonni

--

Tony Earnshaw

e-post:        tonni@???
www:        http://www.billy.demon.nl

Telefoon:    (+31) (0)172 530428
Mobiel:        (+31) (0)6 51153356

GPG/PGP Fingerprint: 3924 6BF8 A755 DE1A 4AD6 FA2B F7D7 6051 3BE7 B981