Re: [Exim] I knew there was something ... spam

Author: Joachim Wieland
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] I knew there was something ... spam
Hi,

On Mon, Mar 18, 2002 at 10:50:56PM -0800, Harry Putnam wrote:
> Maybe heretical on this list, but wouldn't it be a lot easier to do
> that with procmail?

Yep, procmail is the way to go for me. I'm also on this netfilter list
and I'm piping the mail though a script which analyzes a few lines of
the mail and counts the characters that are above ASCII 127 and below.
If more than one third is above, the mail is sent to stderr otherwise to
stdout (it also checks for korean and chinese encoding in the subject
line).

This is my last line of the .procmailrc:

:0:
| /home/joe/bin/more8bit2error.pl >> $DEFAULT 2>> /home/joe/Mail/8bit

If anybody is interested in the script, let me know off the list.

That way I can still receive mail from the various asian countries - but
only those that have the right charset and those that I can also read.

Joachim

--
*****PGP key available - send e-mail request***** - ICQ: 37225940
Due to circumstances beyond your control, you are master of your fate