Re: [Exim] Unrouteable Mail Domain Error

Author: Geraint A Edwards
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Unrouteable Mail Domain Error
Phil Pennock <Phil.Pennock@???> said
        (on Mon, Mar 18, 2002 at 04:11:55PM +0100):

> I normally SSH to my box, [...]
> [...] then bounce the mail to the laptop, using an
> ip-literal address.

Not much of an exim solution, just an idea that struck me...

You're already using ssh, so I'd suggest you setup the session on
your laptop to initiate port-forwarding (local port 25) to the
remote host (port xxx).

That way, you can bounce the mail from mutt to a consistant
(local) address that exim recognises for sending to the port xxx,
which gets forwarded (by sshd) to your laptop port 25.

I tried doing this sort of thing a long time ago with exim3, but
failed because it didn't like delivering to a "remote host" on
the local machine (a safe precaution, you might say), but maybe
exim4 is more configurable (it seems to be, so far!).

Hope this helps,
--
Geraint A. Edwards  "Gedge"       Caerdydd(Cardiff), Cymru(Wales)
gedge@???      IRCNet:Gedge  http://serf.org/gedge/