Re: [Exim] Retry rules clarification

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Sheldon Hearn
Cc: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Retry rules clarification
On Mon, 18 Mar 2002, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> Sometimes I queue messages up days or even a week in advance before the
> first time I let Exim try to delivery them.
>
> I just need confirmation that the retry rules (which I'd like to
> shorten), deal with times relative to the first time delivery of a
> message failed temporarily, rather than the time of creation of the
> message.

Messages don't fail. *Addresses* fail. With a few minor wrinkles to cope
with special cases, most of Exim's retrying mechanism is host-based, not
message based. So if you are talking about the "usual" modes of failure
such as "connection refused", "connection timed out", etc., the retry
time is measured from the first time delivery *to the host* failed.
Messages don't come into it.

This is all documented in TFM.