Re: [Exim] Memory problem(s) with messages with lots of head…

Author: Ollie Cook
To: Gary Palmer
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Memory problem(s) with messages with lots of headers
On Mon, Mar 18, 2002 at 02:26:16AM -0500, Gary Palmer wrote:
> If I truss the process (exim -v -M <msg-id>), then immediately before
> the malloc() bomb, it reads in the sytem filter file. Could this be a
> problem associated with creating the memory blob needed for the system
> filter?

It has been the case in the past, I think, that the system filters have
in certain circumstances caused large amounts of memory to be allocated
to Exim processes. Philip, if my memory serves has taken measures on each
occasion - but perhaps there are more places that this can happen which he
has missed.

> If anyone wants a gander, I've got the truss output and message
> headers/body saved (outside the queue area).

Can you post an URL of the message so I can have a play?

Ol.

--
Oliver Cook    Systems Administrator, ClaraNET
ollie@???               020 7903 3065