Re: [Exim] smtp_accept_max -- too many connections

Author: Vadim Vygonets
To: exim-users
New-Topics: [Exim] Difference between ==> and -->
Subject: Re: [Exim] smtp_accept_max -- too many connections
Quoth Marilyn Davis on Sun, Mar 17, 2002:
> > What does the field that says '?' mean? Did you try to run
> > 'exiwhat' to see what the processes thought they were doing?
>
> No, I didn't think of that. If it happens again, I'll do it.

It's the easiest way to see what the process is doing. Asking
lsof for enlightment about file descriptors (including network
connections) belonging to the process would also be beneficial.

> The '?' is in the TTY field, other processes say tty3 or tty4, etc.,
> there.

That's fine, these processes should not have a controlling TTY.

...Ah, I see, you use SysV syntax for ps (like 'ps -ef'), instead
of the BSD syntax I'm used to (like 'ps aux'), so the output is
unfamiliar to me.

> > --
> > Avoid reality at all costs.
>
> Good idea, especially these days.

Well, I live in Jerusalem ;)

Vadik.

--
Who needs friends when you can sit alone in your room and drink?