Re: [Exim] setting up 6 black lists

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Tabor J. Wells
To: Frank DeChellis
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [Exim] setting up 6 black lists
On Thu, Mar 14, 2002 at 11:32:37AM -0500,
Frank DeChellis <frankd@???> is thought to have said:

> For some reason, SPAM is coming in fast and furious over the past few months
> and I feel like I am trying to stop Niagara falls with a shot glass.

Brightmail has been saying it's up 5-fold since the beginning of the year.

> This is my new configuration for the RBLs (I just added a few more)
>
> rbl_domains = rbl-plus.mail-abuse.org/reject:\
> relays.ordb.org/reject:\
> relays.visi.com/reject:\
> bl.spamcop.net/reject:\
> Relays.OsiruSoft.com/reject:\
> opm.blitzed.org/reject
>
> is this laid out correctly? what does a log entry look like for a rejected
> email?

That is laid out correctly. Note that relays.osirusoft.com is not just
relays but is sort of a clearinghouse for dns blacklists. In other words
you could be blocking a lot of mail you weren't intending to. You should
read theit site carefully.

> is this what it would look like in mainlog?
>
> 2002-03-14 11:04:58 16lIkt-0003ZH-00 == lobsterblue4287@???
> T=remote_smtp defer (61): Connection refused

No that's your mail server defering an attempt to send to mini-mail.com's
mail servers due to those servers refusing the connection.

Entries in your mainlog and rejectlog look like:

2002-03-14 12:07:31 recipients refused from [150.187.98.18] (RBL relays.ordb.org)
2002-03-14 12:07:44 recipient <recipient@???> refused from (alcant.alcaldia-de-caracas.gov.ve) [150.187.98.18] sender=<marketopt476@???> (failed to find host name from IP address)

Tabor J. Wells                                     twells@???
Fsck It!                 Just another victim of the ambient morality