Re: [Exim] RBL protection

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Raphael Berghmans
A: Sean Witham, exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] RBL protection
On Thursday 14 March 2002 12:41, you wrote:
> Raphael Berghmans wrote:
> > I'm not able to do that because my exim mailserver acts only as
>
> smarthost,
>
> > there aren't any local mailbox on the server !!
> >
> > If you have another solution, tell me ?
> >
> >>If the bounces are coming to a small number of addresses in your
> >>domains, and you do not wish or are not able to do proper verification
> >>on incoming mail you could specifically block those addresses out.
> >
> > It could be enough, but the local part of the recipient mail address is
> > a suite of letters that change often !!
>
> It would be nice if smarthost routers could do a rcpt verify
> against the destination server they route to during the exim rcpt to
> verify checks. Shame that can't be done.
>
> Who maintains the MTA the smarthost routes to ? Maybe you can arrange
> some form of remote lookup access to validate addresses, if they use a
> database or ldap like service ?

unfortunaly, our exim acts as smarthost for several domain administrated by
different mailserver. We haven't got any centralized database or LDAP.

Raphaël

--
Raphaël Berghmans
Administrateur réseau & système

This mail has been checked by exiscan.
To be safe, please scan the mail attachements with your local virus scanner !