Re: [Exim] RBL protection

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Raphael Berghmans
A: Nigel Metheringham
Cc: Sean Rima, 'exim-users@exim.org'
Asunto: Re: [Exim] RBL protection
On Wednesday 13 March 2002 17:05, Nigel Metheringham wrote:
> On Wed, 2002-03-13 at 15:19, Raphael Berghmans wrote:
> > Since two weeks somebodies send to an 'non-existent user@??? or
> > @hotmail.com' with as FROM address a non-existent user@ourdomain. And we
> > receive a bounce for non-existent user, this bounce is fozen because the
> > destination doesn't exist.
>
> Your best solution here is to verify recipient addresses for your own
> domains at SMTP time. Then fake (non existant) addresses on your
> domains will not be accepted passing the problem up to the person
> sending you the bounces :-)

I'm not able to do that because my exim mailserver acts only as smarthost,
there aren't any local mailbox on the server !!

If you have another solution, tell me ?

> If the bounces are coming to a small number of addresses in your
> domains, and you do not wish or are not able to do proper verification
> on incoming mail you could specifically block those addresses out.

It could be enough, but the local part of the recipient mail address is a
suite of letters that change often !!

Raphaël

>     Nigel.

This mail has been checked by exiscan.
To be safe, please scan the mail attachements with your local virus scanner !