Antwort: Re: [Exim] trouble with rbl configuration in exim 4…

Author: Wolfgang.Fuertbauer
To: Greg Ward
CC: exim-users, exim-users-admin
Subject: Antwort: Re: [Exim] trouble with rbl configuration in exim 4.01 [EBEWE Viruschecked]
On 13.03.2002 15:25:07 exim-users-admin wrote:
>On 13 March 2002, Wolfgang.Fuertbauer@??? said:
>> took the configuration example form the webpage and
>> added it to my configuration-file;
>>
>> /usr/exim/bin/exim -bV
>> Exim version 4.01 #2 built 13-Mar-2002 08:19:55
>> Copyright (c) University of Cambridge 2002
>> 2002-03-13 08:39:05 Exim configuration error in line 222:
>> main option "rbl_domains" unknown
>> linux-test:/tmp/exim-4.01 #
>>
>> Where is my fault; please help!
>
>Sounds like you're using an Exim 3 config file with Exim 4. Try the
>sample config file distributed with Exim 4 (it should have been
>installed for you when you installed Exim 4).

Greg,

You are right; I took the configuration example from the FAQ and did not
recognize, that this example is for version 3.x; my fault

>I believe RBL checking is now a feature of ACLs.

correct; there is a "translation" script for configuration-files available:
convert4r4.pl

>Also, if you're going to be looking into SpamAssassin, I wouldn't bother
>with RBL checking. DNS blacklists are pretty much useless on their own,
>but a fantastic tool for adding a point or so to a score-based spam
>filter like SpamAssassin.

that's exactly my plan; RBL was the "old" setup, done by an external
security-consultant;
I wanted to move step-by-step;

do you have experience with exim an SpamAssassin? eg a working
configuration ;-)

Thanks
Wolfgang