Re: [Exim] trouble with rbl configuration in exim 4.01 [EBEW…

Author: Greg Ward
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] trouble with rbl configuration in exim 4.01 [EBEWE Viruschecked]
On 13 March 2002, Wolfgang.Fuertbauer@??? said:
> took the configuration example form the webpage and
> added it to my configuration-file;
>
> /usr/exim/bin/exim -bV
> Exim version 4.01 #2 built 13-Mar-2002 08:19:55
> Copyright (c) University of Cambridge 2002
> 2002-03-13 08:39:05 Exim configuration error in line 222:
> main option "rbl_domains" unknown
> linux-test:/tmp/exim-4.01 #
>
> Where is my fault; please help!

Sounds like you're using an Exim 3 config file with Exim 4. Try the
sample config file distributed with Exim 4 (it should have been
installed for you when you installed Exim 4).

I believe RBL checking is now a feature of ACLs.

Also, if you're going to be looking into SpamAssassin, I wouldn't bother
with RBL checking. DNS blacklists are pretty much useless on their own,
but a fantastic tool for adding a point or so to a score-based spam
filter like SpamAssassin.

> (See attached file: exim.conf)

This list doesn't allow attachments.

        Greg