[Exim] exim 4 port on freebsd 4.5 - "user 26 for remote_smtp…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Suresh Ramasubramanian
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] exim 4 port on freebsd 4.5 - "user 26 for remote_smtp is on the never_users list"
Decided to try out the stock exim 4 port on freebsd 4.5 (cvsup'd yesterday).
Yup - pretty late I know, but we don't use exim in production at my new
workplace (sendmail and qmail rule the roost there) and I haven't had time to
read / post to exim-users too much.

I used the stock exim config file ... just adding my local domains and
such, on a test setup.

Problem is, remote deliveries have an issue -

frodo# sendmail -qff -v
LOG: queue_run MAIN
Start queue run: pid=10536 -qff
LOG: MAIN PANIC
User 26 set for remote_smtp transport is on the never_users list
LOG: MAIN PANIC
== suresh@??? R=dnslookup T=remote_smtp defer (-29): User 26
set for remote_smtp transport is on the never_users list
LOG: MAIN PANIC
LOG: queue_run MAIN
End queue run: pid=10536 -qff

frodo# grep 26 /etc/passwd
mailnull:*:26:26:Sendmail Default User:/var/spool/mqueue:/sbin/nologin

Quoting from the default config file supplied in the exim port -

exim_user = mailnull
never_users = root : mailnull

Obvious fix (but one which I don't like) is removing mailnull from
never_users.

Suggestions?

    --srs
--