Re: [Exim] Help with system filter regex matching

Author: Greg Ward
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Help with system filter regex matching
On 07 March 2002, Petri Laatunen said:
> I've written a system filter to catch all unwanted attachments. Test seem
> to be made only against the first attachment in cases there are multiple
> of them. So, is there any way of making filter to test all attachments
> against my regular expressions?

Probably not; neither Exim proper nor its filter language know anything
about MIME. To do this right, you'd have to write a separate script
using MIME-aware tools. (Personally, I'd use Python with the new
"email" package added in 2.2 -- it makes handling complex MIME messages
suspiciously easy.)

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - software developer                gward@???