Re: [Exim] Exim port for MacOS X ?

Author: John W Baxter
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Exim port for MacOS X ?
At 11:18 -0500 3/6/2002, Dan Lowe wrote:
>Previously, Philip Hazel wrote:
>>
>> This is the second paragraph of the Exim manual:
>>
>> Configuration files currently exist for the following operating systems:
>>AIX,
>> BSDI, Darwin (Mac OS X),
> [...]
>
>Thanks Philip, I hadn't seen this previously. However, it doesn't answer
>the question of how to add a user/group for Exim to use, and NetInfo makes
>this a very obscure procedure. Anyone out there want to contribute an
>explanation of the best way to do this properly in NetInfo, or point me to
>such an explanation if it exists already and I just can't find it?

Another useful piece of information might be "how do I cause Exim to do
NetInfo lookups when it is looking for what is often kept in /etc/aliases?"
Of course, one could punt and use /etc/aliases. But the supplied sendmail
manages the trick. [Mac OS X 1.0 shipped with a broken .forward file in
root's home directory. Sigh!]

If I ever start receiving email into the Mac OS X machine, I'll probably
install Exim. (I don't run MTAs whose configuration looks like sendmail's.)

--john

--
John Baxter   jwblist@???      Port Ludlow, WA, USA