Re: [Exim] disabling data acl checks depending on envelope t…

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Marc MERLIN
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] disabling data acl checks depending on envelope to
On Wed, 6 Mar 2002, Marc MERLIN wrote:

> Picture the requirement "sales@domain has to get *everything*" If that means
> that a mail send to sales and some other person and that fails header
> callbacks goes through to both, no big deal.

Seems a messy specification to me. "Other person" may well complain ("I
specifically asked not to get this crap.")

> > Impossible. I cannot see a logical way to do this. The only choice you
> > have at DATA time is to return "yes" or "no". There is no way of saying
>
> Considering the above, is there a way to do it?

This is beginning to sound like the kind of special feature that
somebody wants but which I can't see as being cleanly implementable. For
that purpose I invented the local_scan() function. You can write your
own logic in C and use it to tell Exim whether to say "yes" or "no" at
DATA time. Admittedly, in your case, you'll have to check the headers
yourself - there isn't an interface to Exim's checking code.