[Exim] Possible use for exim.sourceforge.net?

Author: Greg Ward
To: Nigel.Metheringham
CC: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] Possible use for exim.sourceforge.net?
Hi Nigel --

it just occurred to me that one possible use for the moribund Exim
project page on SourceForge is as a community repository for scripts,
filters, config files, config file fragments, etc. Eg. I currently
maintain a descendant of your executable content filter on two different
machines, and now any change I make I have to make twice. If I could
just keep this file in CVS on SF, that would 1) make my life easier, and
2) give me somewhere to send people who want to see my filter.

In a similar vein, a couple people have cooked up interesting ways to
hook SpamAssassin into Exim, and they usually involve an intermediary
script. It would be nice to have somewhere to put those scripts (and
relevant config file fragments) under CVS control, again for ease of
administering multiple servers, and so there's a public place to go for
the very latest and greatest.

Obviously, this would require that anyone who wants to contribute to the
community repository -- like me -- be added to the list of developers on
Exim's SF project. What say you?

And, Exim community, I cc'd exim-users for a reason: does this seem like
a good idea?

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - software developer                gward@???