Re: [Exim] Multiple domains

Góra strony
Autor: Philip Hazel
Dla: dc :P~
CC: exim list
Temat: Re: [Exim] Multiple domains
On Wed, 6 Mar 2002, dc :P~ wrote:

> Im quite new to exim, running exim 3.951 on a redhat 7.2 box.

It's brave for a newbie to run a first alpha release!

You should now upgrade to 4.01. Plenty of bugs/problems were ironed out
of the testing releases. And also out of the documentation.

> Currently I only have one domain running on this box but I want to be able to handle mulitple domains/users.
> Example : joe@???
>               joe@???
> These must be seperate mailboxes for 2 different joe's.... at present if I sendmail to joe@ anydomain it goes to the one mailbox on the system...

Read up every reference you can find to "virtual domains".

> Can anyone direct me to the correct way of setting this up? I know that I need to setup something like
> my_domains:
> driver = accept
> domains = dsearch;/etc/mail/domains
> local_parts = lsearch;/etc/mail/domains/$domain
> transport = my_mailboxes
> and my_mailboxes:
> driver = appendfile
> file = /var/mail/$domain/$local_part
> user = mail

Something like that looks pretty good[*]. I suggest you set it up and then
run tests with "exim -bt" to check that it works. Add "-d" to get
debugging information if there are problems. If you can't figure out
what's going on, come back to this list with the actual configuration
you tried and the error (or other) messages you are getting.

Philip

[*] If you have any following routers, you need to consider what happens
when an address matches the domain, but not the local part. That will
be passed to the next router. You may need to add a router like this:

unknown_user_in_my_domains:
driver = redirect
domains = dsearch;/etc/mail/domains
allow_fail
data = :fail: Unknown user

If there are no more routers, you don't need this, of course.