Re: [Exim] callbacks in exim 4.01

Góra strony
Autor: Philip Hazel
Dla: Marc MERLIN
CC: exim-users
Temat: Re: [Exim] callbacks in exim 4.01
On Tue, 5 Mar 2002, Marc MERLIN wrote:

> So, envelope callbacks work great:
> mail from: foobar@???
> 250 OK
> rcpt to: me@???
> 550-Verification failed for <foobar@???>
> 550-Called:   64.4.55.135
> 550-Sent:     RCPT TO:<foobar@???>
> 550-Response: 552 Requested mail action aborted: exceeded storage allocation
> 550 Sender verify failed

I'm glad somebody likes that. In 4.01 I have just added an option to
turn that extensive message off, because somebody else didn't like it.

> However, header callbacks doesn't seem to output great error messages.

I will see if I can improve them (with a switch to disable) when I get a
chance.

> For header syntax checking, same thing:
> From: merlin <merlin@va
> To: merlin
>
> .
> 550 Administrative prohibition
>
> but the code knows the real reason:
> H=nat-hdqt.vasoftware.com [198.186.202.17]:56631 F=<user@???> rejected after DATA: '>' missing at end of address: failing address in "From" header is: merlin <merlin@va

Again, I'll look at that, but I'm sure there will be people who don't
want to output the detail, so it will have to be switchable.