Re: [Exim] disabling data acl checks depending on envelope t…

Author: Philip Hazel
To: Marc MERLIN
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] disabling data acl checks depending on envelope to
On Tue, 5 Mar 2002, Marc MERLIN wrote:

> (thus this is in exim 4)
>
> So, I was hoping to do this:
>
> check_data:
>   deny      local_parts = !+nohdrsyncheck
>     !verify = header_syntax
>   deny      local_parts = !+nohdrfromcallback
>     !verify = header_sender/callout=90s
>   accept

> However, the exim doc says that I can't use local_parts in a DATA ACL.

Correct, because local_parts checks *this* local part at RCPT time; at
DATA time there may be more than one local part.

> So, I need to have a whitelist of users who receive any crap thrown at them.

That still won't help. What do you do when a message is addressed to two
users, one of whom is on the list and one not?

> Is there a way to disable header_syntax and header_sender checks if the
> receipient is in a whitelist?

No, because there may be more than one recipient.

> Considering that the answer is probably "no", how hard would it be to modify
> exim 4 to support this?

Impossible. I cannot see a logical way to do this. The only choice you
have at DATA time is to return "yes" or "no". There is no way of saying
"yes for these recipients only". (LMTP has introduced this facility, of
course, for similar reasons. However, LMTP isn't what is used over the
Internet.)