Re: [Exim] Re: Envelope-to header max. one address ?

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Miquel van Smoorenburg
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Re: Envelope-to header max. one address ?

And you previously wrote:

> This is how my .forward looks:
>
> =-=-=-=-=-=
> "|/usr/bin/procmail"
> =-=-=-=-=-=
>
> So, it looks like the forwardfile driver or the pipe driver
> causes this?
>
> Relevant parts of my exim config:
>
> # TRANSPORTS
> address_pipe:
> driver = pipe
> envelope_to_add = true
> return_path_add = true
> group=mail
> headers_remove = "lines"
> headers_add = "Lines: ${body_linecount}\n"
> return_output
>
> # DIRECTORS
> userforward:
> driver = forwardfile
> file_transport = address_file
> pipe_transport = address_pipe
> reply_transport = address_reply
> check_ancestor
> file = .forward
> modemask = 022
> filter

If I recall correctly, you had two addresses in the message which both
alias to "you". Is that right? So you have

address1 -> you -> .forward -> pipe

and then Exim hits

address2 -> you

At this point it says "that's a duplicate address", so it discards it.
Consequently, it never knows that the second address would also end up
at the pipe if delivered on its own.

At least, I think this is what's happening.

I'm afraid this is pretty fundamental to the way Exim works, and it is
the same in Exim 4.

I note the problem, but I don't think there's anything I can do about it
in a hurry. Sorry.

Philip