Re: [Exim] Re: Avoiding SPAM

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Marc Haber
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Re: Avoiding SPAM
On Tue, 5 Mar 2002 16:12:31 +0800, Suresh Ramasubramanian
<mallet@???> wrote:
>+++ Marc Haber [exim-users] <05/03/02 08:45 +0100>:
>> Both of these measures will result in an immediate decline in user
>> base, at least in Germany. There are major cultural problems here when
>> you try to sell internet access with the restrictions outlined above.
>
>Hehehe... yes. I keep getting flamed by geeks on t-online.de dialup / ADSL
>lines... those are all dynamic IPs on the dul. Geeks run mailservers
>(perhaps with dyndns etc set up) on those - and start yelling at me when
>their mail gets bounced from one of our ~ 30 million webmail users ;)

T-Online's SMTP servers rewrite the sender address to the T-Online
Mail address, so using them is not very popular. There is an SMTP
relay on T-Online's network that doesn't rewrite, but that machine is
heavily throttled (you can only send a hundred outgoing e-mails per
day, IIRC), so doing direct delivery is pretty much the only option
that T-Online users have.

But T-Online is the only ISP in Germany that can offer a reasonably
priced flat rate since they basically own the network.

Greetings
Marc