Re: [Exim] lookup like a host list?

Author: Marc Haber
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] lookup like a host list?
On Mon, 4 Mar 2002 20:52:00 +0000 (GMT), Philip Hazel
<ph10@???> wrote:
>On Mon, 4 Mar 2002, Marc Haber wrote:
>> exim 3 takes a host list for some configuration options, for example
>> for host_accept_relay. Is there a way to do the same kind of lookup in
>> a string expansion, for example with the lookup function?
>
>I don't understand the question. Lookups are available in string
>expansions. What am I missing in your question?

A host list lookup seems to do a lot more than a normal lookup. I'd
like to be able to write something like
if ("${lookup{$sender_host_address} host-list {/etc/exim/scan_hosts}
{$value}}" is "scan)
which would do the lookup in /etc/exim/scan_hosts like for a host
list, e.g. automatically match IP addresses, probably in CIDR
notation, _and_ host names, probably with wild cards.

Greetings
Marc