Re: [Exim] gotcha in convert4r4

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: dman
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] gotcha in convert4r4
On Fri, Mar 01, 2002 at 09:35:34AM +0000, Philip Hazel wrote:
| On Thu, 28 Feb 2002, dman wrote:

| >     o   "bydns_a" was left as it was -- now a syntax error

| I'll try to do something about that.

Cool. That problem wasn't such a big deal, though. (especially after
all the dire warnings in the docs and the converter :-))

| >     o   "check_local_user" wasn't added

| I'm not sure if that is something that could be done automatically.
| Plenty of smarthost configurations don't want to check that the local
| part is a local user.

I think it is my mistake anyways. First, what I intended is to check
that the _sender_ is a local user. I think "check_local_user" isn't
going to do that for me. Secondly, that test I ran was with IP
127.0.0.1 (using the -bh option). Naturally that IP is in the list of
relay hosts. I commented out the check_local_user option (and the
looluphost and ipliteral routers) and tested some more. I used a
different IP address, and relaying was properly denied.

In the spec, the section on check_local_user begins with :
    When this option is true, Exim checks that the local part of the address
    (with affixes removed if relevant) is the name of an account on the local

I propose that it be changed to :

    When this option is true, Exim checks that the local part of the
    recipient address (with affixes removed if relevant) is the name
    of an account on the local

(just the addition of "recipient"). The paragraph doesn't explicitly
state which address is checked.

I also see that, if my site was relaying for another, that the
smarthost router should allow non-local senders.

HAND,
-D

--

If we claim we have not sinned, we make Him out to be a liar and His
Word has no place in our lives.