Re: [Exim] pipe_as_creator not piping as creator

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Todd Jagger
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] pipe_as_creator not piping as creator
Thanks for your reply, Philip,

At 03:40 AM 3/1/2002, you wrote:
>On Thu, 28 Feb 2002, Todd Jagger wrote:
>
> > tmda:
> >    driver = pipe
> >    pipe_as_creator
> >    command = "/usr/local/bin/python
> /usr/local/tmda/bin/tmda-sendmail"
> >    return_path_add
> >    return_fail_output

> > As I mentioned yesterday this gets called from a router based on
> certain
> > conditions in the mail. No prob there.
> >
> > The problem is the pipe needs to be run as the user who submitted
> the
> > message, which my understanding is the pipe_as_creator option
> provides.
>
>True, provided the message was submitted locally (not via TCP/IP).

Ah, so the user would have to be logged in on the machine using some
sort of local MUA? They couldn't be at home sending mail through the
machine with Mulberry or PC-Pine or something?

> > However even though the logs appear to say the pipe is being called
> by the
> > user "tmj" (that's good) the uid/gid corresponds to the user
> "nobody"
> > (that's bad), which of course causes it to fail. Here's a snippet
> from a
> > d9 delivery output:
>
>You don't happen to have "tmj" in the never_users list, do you?

Nope, just root.

So is there any way to get a pipe command such as above to run as the
user submitting the message via TCP/IP?

Thanks again.

Best,
Todd