[Exim] changing documentation links and doc suggestions (was…

Author: Jeremy C. Reed
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] changing documentation links and doc suggestions (was Re: [Exim] frozen messages)
> http://www.exim.org/FAQ.html#SEC7

This reminded me.

Often the section numbers in the spec and FAQ change. Sometimes this makes
it difficult to point out specific documentation. For example,
FAQ.html#SEC315 used to be useful for virtual domains, then later it was
SEC372.

Philip - Would it be difficult for the documentation to use non-changing
section numbers?

And speaking of documentation: if you read that a type is "host-list",
"string-list", "domain-list", etc., it is difficult for someone new to the
spec (or who never read it completely) to search and find definitions for
those types. For example, if you search for "domain-list", you don't get
the section (was 7.12) for "Domain lists". Please consider adding these
hyphenated, lower-case keywords to the places they are also explained.

Nigel - Also, it would be nice if the search index for the spec would show
these hyphenated keywords also.

It doesn't matter to me anymore, but it would have helped when I was first
learning Exim.

Jeremy C. Reed
echo 'G014AE824B0-07CC?/JJFFFI?D64CB>D=3C427=>;>6HI2><J' |
tr /-_ :\ Sc-y./ | sed swxw`uname`w