[Exim] Re: Requiring authentication

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Ryan Brown
Para: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] Re: Requiring authentication
I fixed the problem. Somehow, removing exim from inetd fixed
everything. I am not sure if this is a bug with exim, or because of the
patch that I applied to use pwcheck. Most likely the latter.

My only problem now is that when using 'host_auth_accept_relay = *' exim
will send the wrong error message to a user who attempting to send mail
without using authentication. The error message it is sending is a 550
and has to do with relay access being denied. Is there any way to
change it to say something about requiring authentication?

On Tuesday, February 26, 2002, at 08:08 PM, Ryan Brown wrote:

> I would like to set up exim to send mail out only for authenticated
> users. I am using exim 3.34 with a patch that allows me to use a
> pwcheck deamon.
> I found that patch here: http://www.exim.org/pipermail/exim-
> users/Week-of-Mon-20011008/031025.html
>
> I have messed around with using: auth_hosts = * and
> host_auth_accept_relay = * but none of these options seem to be
> forcing authentication. What I mean by this is that it is allowing
> mail to be sent out (to other smtp servers) without sending a login and
> password. When the mail client does send a username and password, it
> authenticates and the mail gets sent. If this password is changed to
> be wrong, it notifies the user of a wrong password, and the email does
> not get sent.
>
> I have attached my config file.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated,
> Ryan