Re: [Exim] gotcha in convert4r4

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: John Horne
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] gotcha in convert4r4
On 28-Feb-2002 at 16:45:42 dman wrote:
> Last night I did some playing with exim4. I used convert4r4 to
> convert my existing config, and it worked quite well. There is a
> significant problem with it, though, that ought to be at least
> documented somewhere.
>
> In my original config I had a "smarthost" router, even though it
> shouldn't have been used any more (I had added a lookuphost router
> above it).  In the generated exim4 config, the two problems were
>     o   "bydns_a" was left as it was -- now a syntax error

Yes, I have reported to Philip Hazel that I had 'bydns_mx' left in a router.
Unfortunately, changing it to the (correct) 'bydns' option resulted in DNS
lookups of A records rather than the MX records. It tried to send mail to the
wrong system then :-) (The lookup was for 'plymouth.ac.uk' which has MX
records going off to 2 mailhubs, and the A record to the webserver.)

I had to add an entry to the DNS (smtp.plymouth.ac.uk) and use that with the
2 A records. I could not use a dnslookup router since that would not send
the mail to the mailhubs, but to whatever the address was (and not what we
wanted).

In your case just changing it to 'bydns' should be okay.

John.

E-mail: jhorne@???