[Exim] gotcha in convert4r4

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: dman
A: exim-users
Asunto: [Exim] gotcha in convert4r4
Last night I did some playing with exim4. I used convert4r4 to
convert my existing config, and it worked quite well. There is a
significant problem with it, though, that ought to be at least
documented somewhere.

In my original config I had a "smarthost" router, even though it
shouldn't have been used any more (I had added a lookuphost router
above it).  In the generated exim4 config, the two problems were
    o   "bydns_a" was left as it was -- now a syntax error
    o   "check_local_user" wasn't added

As I was testing, I noticed that a RCPT of "noone@here" only caused a
temporary error (4xx) because of the "bydns_a" syntax error. I would
have had a nice open relay (contingent upon the smarthost continuing
to deliver the message) without that syntax error.

I think that, at the least, an obvious note reminding the admin to
include "check_local_user", to prevent non-local users from using the
smarthost, on a smarthost router should be prominently displayed
somewhere.

Other than that, the conversion worked quite well. I still have 3.34
as my daemon, but it looks like after a bit more testing that 4.00
will fill the role quite nicely!

-D

--

The crucible for silver and the furnace for gold,
but the Lord tests the heart.