Re: [Exim] ldap and internal mail routing

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: John W Baxter
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [Exim] ldap and internal mail routing
At 7:17 -0800 2/28/2002, Brendon Caligari wrote:
>Started doing a bit of research and the logical way to go seems to be
>using LDAP for 'user@???' mail routing. I gave up on sendmail on
>viewing sendmail.cf and after a bit of reasearch I opted for exim over
>other mtas. Bought the book (incredible piece of work), printed the
>FAQ, with all the other bits and pieces around I think I'll manage with
>a bit of effort (and time). However, I couldn't find a decent source
>of information on setting up LDAP (openldap) etc etc.

I can't help with the openldap setup (I'm not the one who did it here, and
so far I'm treating LDAP as a black box which gives answers when I manage
to ask it the right questions). [And the LDAP guy has provided me with
scripts simple enough that I can do things like adding accounts and giving
them the ability to do email.]

>Am I on the right track after all? Would anybody know of a good source
>of Exim+LDAP for such scenarios?

I think you're on the right track. Our (partly done) similar setup is
working well. The fail branch of the LDAP lookup has two kludges in it at
the moment...first a flatfile lookup for known exceptions and second THAT
lookup's fail simply assumes where to send the message. [We're a little
short of fully populated with the LDAP data...about 99% short.]

>Also, I was thinking of using Red Hat 7.2 as a distribution. Should I
>use the RPMs (apparently only 3.22) or build from sources? (esp since
>i need ldap turned on etc)? Are there reasons why not to use RH7.2 but
>something else, say FreeBSD?

I'm building from source (and switching to Exim4 this week). We have a mix
of Red Hat versions, moving toward RH 7.2.

--John

--
John Baxter   jwblist@???      Port Ludlow, WA, USA