Re: [Exim] Proper autoresponder behavior

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Mark Morley
A: exim-users
Cc: Mark Morley
Asunto: Re: [Exim] Proper autoresponder behavior
Greg Woods said:

> Which brings up the need to properly handle "resent-*" headers too
> (though that need is there regardless of this feature). I recently
> added "resent-*" handling to my program and this feature will be in the
> next release.

Can you elaborate on this?

RFC 2822 says "Resent fields are strictly informational. They MUST NOT be
used in the normal processing of replies or other such automatic actions on
messages."

So one shouldn't be replying to any address in resent-* headers (whether
it's an autoresponder or not).

Or are you saying that an autoresponder shouldn't reply to any message that
has been resent? This I could understand, since the true originator of the
message probably didn't send it directly to you and wouldn't be expecting
a reply from you.

Mark