Re: Re[2]: [Exim] Proper autoresponder behavior

Author: Mark Morley
To: Richard Welty
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: Re[2]: [Exim] Proper autoresponder behavior
> On Wed, 27 Feb 2002 14:03:01 -0800 (PST) Mark Morley <mark@???> wrote:
> > So the software itself really has no way
> > of
> > knowing which addresses in those headers are theirs (it won't necessarily
> > match the envelope-to). Or am I missing something obvious?
>
> presumably a user who has multiple addresses coming to one box is
> sophisticated enough to understand that in "multi user" configuration, they
> need to list their addresses in the conveniently provided "multi user"
> section of the configuration file.

Presumably, and the software already provides means for them to perform
tests and exclude certain messages from triggering their autoresponders
based on just about anything they want to test for.

But that's part of the overall software package and isn't necessarily
unique to the autoresponder handling (autoresponders are just one small
aspect of the software).

Mark