Re: [Exim] Proper autoresponder behavior

Author: Mark Morley
To: exim-users
CC: Mark Morley
Subject: Re: [Exim] Proper autoresponder behavior

> I suggest you also make it refuse to reply to any message which does not
> have the user's address in the To: or Cc: header lines.

I understand the reasoning, but I'm not sure it'd be that easy to do since
our users might be receiving mail to multiple addresses (ie: some have
their own domain name with any local parts, some have system aliases, some
use an optional suffix, etc.) So the software itself really has no way of
knowing which addresses in those headers are theirs (it won't necessarily
match the envelope-to). Or am I missing something obvious?

Mark