Re: [Exim] exim -bs -oMa

Author: Joachim Wieland
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] exim -bs -oMa
Hi,

On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 08:17:58PM +0000, Philip Hazel wrote:
> > Actually I was trying to get the remote IP for "SMTP after POP"-support if
> > somebody accesses exim through stunnel. stunnel is modified to replace a
> > special parameter by the real remote IP, this is not a problem. I've
> > written a small C program that is called by stunnel now, does two
> > pipe()'s, a few dup2()'s and calls exim afterwards with -oMa and the
> > remote IP. It works - though I would rather call it a dirty hack.
> > Is there a cleaner solution to do this?

> Use TLS instead of stunnel?

Jepp, I already use it but there are a few clients around that can do
SSL to a special port but don't know about TLS.

Is there a special reason why you want the -oM family to work only for
locally submitted messages? It's easy to trick exim so I wonder if there
are any pitfalls.

Joachim

--
*****PGP key available - send e-mail request***** - ICQ: 37225940
You may be gone tomorrow, but that doesn't mean that you weren't here today.