Re: [Exim] Re: exim-3.34 smtp_accept_reserve not working

Author: Sheldon Hearn
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Re: exim-3.34 smtp_accept_reserve not working

On Fri, 22 Feb 2002 14:13:25 GMT, Philip Hazel wrote:

> > Bleh, looks like I _was_ misreading the spec after all. Seems the
> > smtp_accept_reserve and smtp_reserve_hosts options affect
> > smtp_accept_max but not smtp_accept_max_per_host.
>
> smtp_accept_reserve *interacts* with smtp_accept_max; I wouldn't say
> that it *affects* it.

Yeah, I was hoping that smtp_accept_reserve would hold a subset of the
connection slots available from smtp_accept_max and allow fill them with
connections from hosts in smtp_reserve_hosts.

Totally not how things work. :-)

In the end, I set up a second listener on a non-standard port,
specifically to accept large numbers of connections from a local peer on
a private network.

Ciao,
Sheldon.